Accounting Business AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 18964
- Job ID 18964
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/11/2019
The Business Analyst performs detailed financial and operational analysis, and acts as a business partner to departments throughout the organization. The analyst acts as a bridge between Accounting and Operations. Financial analysis includes: forecasting, strategic budgets, as well as variance analysis. Operational analysis includes: production rates, machine rates, standard vs actual variance and ad hoc analysis. In order to be successful, the analyst needs to have a thorough understanding of the data housed in the ERP LN system, and must be experienced in IFRS and U.S. GAAP. In addition, the analyst needs to have an understanding of the basic elements of a manufacturing environment. Customers include a parent company located in Europe, as well as other affiliates located around the world, therefore the analyst should have a global mindset.
- Complete monthly management reporting (KER) that is accurately and timely submitted via Cartesis reporting tool, and adheres to the international parent guidelines.
- Analyze various deviations between the management report (KER) and the financial report (KON), which requires a thorough understanding of both standard and actual costs as well as the company’s cost allocation methodology.
- Maintain KER tool to reflect changes to the company, which requires a working knowledge of MS Access.
- Maintain the Cost Allocation Sheet (BAB) which includes: allocation key definition and monitoring, actual full cost calculation per department, strategic budget model calculation and monitoring, and calculation of standard rates.
- Complete periodic forecast reporting (KEP), which is based on the same methodology as the monthly KER reporting.
- Participate in completing business case analysis for new projects and/or products, including ROI and payback calculations. Follow-up and monitoring of actual vs budget analyses.
- Profitability analysis for complex sales deals involving varying options, local content and international considerations.
- Represent Controlling Department as a team member of various high priority company projects/initiatives. This includes the ability to effectively communicate complex cost accounting and operational data to non-financial colleagues.
- Prepare various complex internal management reports, including board presentations.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Accounting or related field from four-year college or university and 3 – 5 years of relevant and related work experience.
- Experience in different ERP systems (experience with Baan LN is preferred).
- Excellent and advanced computer skills, including expert MS Excel skills, MS Access, MS PowerPivot and Power Query.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; active listening skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial and operational data.
- Interface with and travel to customer, supplier, or other Liebherr sites domestically up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.