Maintenance TechnicianNewport News, VA | Job ID 18895
- Job ID 18895
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 12/3/2019
The Maintenance Technician performs installation, maintenance, troubleshoot and repair of all building systems including but not limited to electrical, plumbing, HVAC, production machinery and tools.
- Repairs Machinery or mechanical equipment.
- Installs new equipment/machinery.
- Examines machines or mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble.
- Performs preventative maintenance per procedures on various types of equipment.
- Assists in maintaining and making repairs to various utility systems.
- Completes logs and performs other documentation necessary to the tasks performed.
- Performs minor carpentry, masonry, and metalwork repairs, installation and maintenance activities.
- Responds to requests for service adjustments and other trouble calls.
- Furnishes personal tools per "required tool list".
- Handles and disposes of hazardous materials.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.