Workshop Engineer - BathgateBathgate | Job ID 16079
- Job ID 16079
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Workshop based in Bathgate for a Workshop Engineer. The role contributes to the success of Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment brought into the workshop whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Works in accordance with the company quality assurance guidelines
- Ensures customer specifications are met by ensuring timely delivery of optional extras and machine specific attachments to allow for a continuous workflow so as meet delivery deadlines.
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required
- Carries out routine pre delivery inspections (PDI) of new machines
- Fits both factory approved and local supplied extras to machines where required
- Performs all forms of repair and servicing to machines
- Uses initiative and take appropriate action to ensure good housekeeping standards are followed and maintained in the workshop area
- Ensures that self-image is a key contributor to promoting company business
- Any other duty as required by management commensurate with the post
The successful candidate will require the following:
- GCSE pass grade A – C or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Satisfactory completion of a recognised apprenticeship in a related industry to NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate through experience in a similar industry application of skills and knowledge gained
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.
This role is classified as a “Safety-Critical” role and as such the offer is subject to the passing of a Safety-Critical medical to be carried out during the probationary period.