Strategic BuyerSaline, MI | Job ID 15797
- Job ID 15797
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Gear Technology, Inc.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract
- Support in the development and implementation of purchasing strategies.
- Prepare and lead contract negotiations with current and new suppliers regarding components and assemblies.
- Recognize and analyze cost saving potential.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers in coordination with departments to determine if they meet the specified requirements. Advises team members and/or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Evaluate and develop current and new suppliers.
- Coordinates activities related to procurement of Strategic Purchasing of capital equipment.
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of Operational Purchasing of Engineering Released components and assemblies.
- Works closely with other departments to anticipate upcoming projects and demands requirements.
- Analyzes Request for Quote (RFQ) Specifications and communicates requirements to suppliers.
- Creates detailed RFQ packages for suppliers to bid on. Evaluates proposals for competitive bid packages to leverage purchasing options and quantity discounts.
- Issues and manages purchase orders.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with LGT and corporate Liebherr Procurement Services (LPS) regulations to optimize material supply.
- Participates in projects to determine the optimal sourcing strategy for new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories, processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of terms of trade.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to facilitate cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Baan or equivalent ERP system for Order Processing, Inventory, Cost Calculation System.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical and controls components.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, and technical documents and specifications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers or suppliers.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Engineering or Business Administration and four to six years of experience or a combination of education and direct position experience. Five years of material procurement experience in a manufacturing/service environment is highly preferred.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.