IT Infrastructure ManagerKillarney | Job ID 38921
- Job ID 38921
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Information technology / Software
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Key Elements of the Role
- Responsibility for the continuous operation of secure platforms, servers and networks
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure, VMs, storage, including future cloud/hybrid environments. This includes the full lifecycle from specification according to business needs through to end of life
- Working closely with colleagues in the local IT department, in sister companies across Europe, and with technical partners to ensure that infrastructure is fit for purpose, and harmonised as far as possible within the division.
- As well as maintaining local ownership and contributing to the strategic developments internally, the Infrastructure manager will participate in road map activities, design and development of new technologies embedded in our end products
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents, including vendor management, liaising with all members of IT and local maintenance departments
- Hands-on management of VMWare ESX/vSphere
- Hands-on management of SAN and related equipment (HP or NetApp)
- Overseeing the local network administration - Cisco infrastructure, SD-WAN, leased lines, VPN
- Operation, configuration and incident management in an ISO27001 based environment.
- Contributing to business continuity planning and management of associated hardware
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter. You possess a service mentality and are capable of juggling priorities as needed to assure business continuity. You provide quality support and possess excellent documentation skills. You are competent at “becoming the technical expert” through your own research and knowledge gathering. You have an appreciation of how systems integrate and interact throughout the organisation – you have an advanced knowledge in the operation of complex IT infrastructures. You are a strong communicator, with a confident appearance. Working in a group environment, you are flexible and demonstrate good teamwork. Above all you have strong analytical thinking – you have a proven capability to negotiate and build technical solutions.
- 3+ years of Administrating or Technical support of complex infrastructure environments
- Computer Science or Information Systems degree or equivalent experience
- Security auditing / vulnerability scanning
- Technical Documentation skills
- VMWare ESX/vSphere - ideally VCP
- HP SAN technologies - 3Par, Nimble, Primero - ideally trained or certified
- Networking certification
- Management of plant rooms / small datacentres
- Related certifications (ITIL, project management, LEAN, …)
- German language skills
What can we offer you?
Competitive salary, pension scheme, training & development, subsidized canteen, Fitbit and retailer discounts, sports & social club, travel opportunities, cycle to work scheme, discounts with Liebherr Hotels and if that's not enough we offer Flexi time and an early finish on a Friday!
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.
Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. is one of the world's leading manufacturers of ship to shore cranes, rail mounted gantry cranes and rubber tyre gantry cranes. From its base in Killarney, Ireland, the company designs, builds and exports container cranes worldwide. Founded in 1958 as the first Liebherr factory outside of Germany, today, container cranes manufactured by Liebherr in Ireland are renowned for their quality, longevity and productivity.