Strategic BuyerNewport News, VA | Job ID 37316
- Job ID 37316
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Strategic Buyer coordinates the procurement of materials, parts, equipment and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties:
- Coordinates all activities related to procurement of a commodity beginning with the intent to purchase through the delivery of the first article/prototype product.
- Initiates, develops and maintains cost reduction projects for assigned commodities.
- Responsible for developing commodity & supply strategies which will ensure the supply of quality material and continually drive for lowest total cost.
- Deploy commodity and sourcing expertise to support supplier identification, qualification and development.
- Develops, participates and executes local and global material group strategies.
- Works closely together with other departments such as Engineering and Manufacturing to anticipate upcoming projects and demands.
- Analyzes the requirement of the commodity including specifications, preferred supplier and date the commodity is needed.
- Creates detailed Request for Quote (RFQ) package for suppliers to bid on, evaluates proposals for the requested commodities in the form of side by side comparisons.
- Investigates and/or interviews potential suppliers in cooperation with Quality Assurance and Engineering to determine if they meet the specified requirements then advises team members and/or management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implements purchase contracts that comply with LME and corporate Liebherr Procurement Services (LPS) regulations to optimize material supply.
- Cooperates closely with the Procurement Planner and Quality Assurance.
- Participates in projects to determine the optimal sourcing strategy for new products.
- Represents purchasing in design reviews and the product development process.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in a Business or Engineering related discipline with one to three years related experience and/or training; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. International procurement experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories, processes.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret contractual language.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, fractions, ratios to practical situations.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of MS office software and ERP system.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and suppliers.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.