Regional Technical RepresentativeHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 26794
- Job ID 26794
- Division Domestic Appliances
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Regional Technical Representative is the primary liaison for service providers, distributors, dealers (referred to as “Partners” in this document) and customers in an assigned field based territory. Supports the service providers with all aspects of product service as it relates to Liebherr Appliances (residential and commercial) sold in North America (US and Canada) for the Appliance Division. The Regional Technical Representative will by providing assistance to the service provider in procedures such as appliance installation, inspection, maintenance, service and repair, spare parts, warranty claims and training to all Partners and customer service personnel with cooling appliances.
Candidate will be required to reside within the territory and in proximity of a major airport. This position will be assigned to the:
- “Central Territory” of the US and Canada (currently: ND, MN, WI, SD, NE, WY, IA, IL, UT, CO, KS, MO, AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, LA + MB, ON).
- “Eastern Territory” of the US and Canada (currently: MI, IN, KY, TN, MS, AL, OH, ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, WV, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL + QC, NS, NL, NB, PE).
- “Western Territory” of the US and Canada (currently: CA, OR, WA, ID, NV, ID, MT, AK, HI + BC, AB, SK).
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university in Business Administration, Technology and/or Engineering preferred. A minimum combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma or equivalent and five (5) to several (7) years of demonstrated experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with commercial refrigeration and appliances is required.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to push, pull or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Serves as a high-level product support representative for the Partners within the assigned territory.
- Builds positive relationships with the Partners and the customers within the territory.
- Performs training at Partner level in regard to customer installation, technical diagnostic procedures, proper, professional & conclusive repair, software updates, system downloads, warranty claim procedures, the ordering and stocking of spare parts.
- Assists service technicians with advanced troubleshooting and repair procedures only after remote assistance by the technical call center has been exhausted.
- Examines and evaluates warranty claims upon request of the Partners as well as Liebherr, particularly concerning defective major components, repeat repairs, turn-around-time and customer engagement.
- Evaluates Partners ability to support Liebherr appliance population in their assigned territory, including but not limited to; technician skill level and training plan, sufficient Liebherr specific tools for technicians, and appropriate parts stock & support.
- Analyzes training needs specific to each dealer for continuous improvement in the service support of the Liebherr machines.
- Follows-up on reworks, retrofits and field modifications completions in the assigned territory.
- Holds regular meetings with the Partners within the assigned territory to address any issues or concerns, review KPI’s, customer surveys and all other business related activities.
- Supplies upper management with detailed reports of required activities, product issues, Partner activity and customer concerns.
- Ability to diagnose electronic and electrical systems and to read, interpret and utilize technical publications and service manuals.
- Demonstrated technical domestic and/or commercial refrigeration or appliance knowledge.
- Understanding of IoT devices and connected devices highly desired but not required.
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and electric system schematics.
- Able to operate mechanical and electric test equipment.
- Able to conduct technical training for Partners.
- Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written. Presents information professionally with poise and confidence in front of an audience.
- Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Meets standards of productivity as defined for the level and position.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work, and takes steps to correct mistakes and improve the overall product.
- Keeps manager, and if appropriate, others informed of progress and obstacles in a proactive manner.
- Able to take on a variety of different tasks and roles within the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.