Non-Destructive Test TechnicianSaline, MI | Job ID 16872
- Job ID 16872
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Quality management
- Country United States
- Entry level Young Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 8/26/2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Authorized for NDT level 1
- Level 1 Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI) required.
- Responsible for the processing and evaluation of parts after welding.
- Maintains documentations regarding inspection findings.
- Maintain and inspect equipment used for NDT process.
- Tests penetrant and magnetic particles on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications.
- Examines test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria.
- Applies agents, such as cleaners, penetrants, and developers to parts.
- Designates test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- Calibrates test equipment, such as magnetic particle and penetrant machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.
- Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant and magnetic particle tests to locate and identify cracks or other defects, using black light.
- Marks tested parts to indicate defective areas.
- Evaluates test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience.
- Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- 1-4 years of experience in the role is required; must meet the requirements of NAS410 and have experience in the NDT function; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Authorized for FPI NDT level 1 required.
- Authorized for NDT Level 2 preferred, Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), FPI and Eddy Current experience preferred.
- Overtime is sometimes required
- DOT drug screen is required
- Ability to work night shift only and weekends as determined by business need from time-to-time.
- Flex time start, tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.