Service and Installation ManagerBiggleswade | Job ID 15162
- Job ID 15162
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Concrete department based in Biggleswade for a Service & Installation Manager. The role contributes to the growth of Liebherr’s Concrete Division through the delivery of highly developed organisational and customer management skills. Combining strong product and application knowledge of our Batch Plants, Truck Mixers and Concrete pumps with a passion for developing solid customer relationships, the role will constantly strive to increase the aftersales business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- Visit customer sites to investigate technical problems and communicating with customers, factories and LGB to provide a technical and cost effective solutions to aftersales issues.
- Liaises with Spare Parts Administrator to monitor spare parts availability and quotations. When required, calculate labour costings for upcoming Service work, plant relocations and installations.
- Provides a dedicated support line for customers and uses this to develop outstanding rapport to grow existing aftersales business.
- To circulate information and investigation details via written reports.
- Obtain suitable solutions from LMT and LBP on technical issues and warranty claims.
- Possesses strong commercial acumen and ensures aftersales and plant relocation projects make commercial sense.
- Strategically identifies where the aftersales business can be increased, in conjunction with the General Manager, creates effective plans to execute these opportunities.
- Supports by hands on element of operations management by undertaking out of hours responses as and when required.
- Actively manages the team of Service Engineers whilst optimising their utilisation to ensure quick and efficient response times to customer service requirements.
- Effectively uses the operating system (BAAN) to manage the following processes; Sales Orders, Warranty Orders, Purchase orders in addition to checking stock availability and the pricing of spare parts.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- Able to demonstrate competencies and skills for the role through previous experience in a similar role and / or industry
- Good communicator at all levels
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment
What we are offering
- The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer .
- Secure and progressive work environment.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Training and personal development