Apprentice Technician Mechanic - Heavy DutyBurlington | Job ID 14638
- Job ID 14638
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Canada
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr Canada is hiring a Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Apprentice in Burlington, ON. The Apprentice will work alongside a Certified Journeyman Technician and will be responsible for the effective repair of equipment, in the workshop and/or on client’s sites.
Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice Responsibilities
- Assist in performing new and used machinery preparation, scheduled maintenance, repair or overhaul usually requiring component replacement, commissioning and adjustment of mechanical/hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment, including warranty upgrades
- Troubleshoot, inspect and diagnose Liebherr machinery and components including electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, engines, gearbox/drive train, A/C systems etc.
- Perform pre-delivery inspections of equipment and new & used equipment preparation
- Occasionally perform servicing on Liebherr machinery as directed, including fluid checks, and sample pulling, oil and filter checks, changing lubricants, replacing filters, greasing machine lube points etc.
- Assist to ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved
- Assist to ensure all final verifications specified in work instructions, scope of work, verbal communication and specifications are carried out and complete
- Accurate and timely submission of reports and technical document including service reports
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment and work areas in accordance with company policies
Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice Requirements
- High school diploma (or the equivalent), basic math skills
- Some experience repairing and maintaining heavy equipment required in a related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Follows instructions, guidelines and protocols
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
- Ability to read and understand schematics and drawings
All Liebherr Canada positions:
• Safe Work Practices • Customer Service Oriented • Professional Demeanor • Proactive
• Computer Literacy • Sense of Urgency • Interpersonal Skills