Operations Manager - RepairsHouston | Job ID 14497
- Job ID 14497
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 2/22/2019
Supervise and organize the day to day functions and employees in the Houston Repair Shop. Plan and co-ordinate Staff and Budget Requirements with General Manager-Customer Service. Develop and implement procedures and guidelines for Repair Shop to ensure an efficient work flow and high quality standards. Develop and implement procedures and guidelines for Repair Parts inventory, receiving, shipping and administration handling. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepare Cost Estimates for Repair Jobs and negotiate with customers.
- Plan and coordinate all operations related to repair.
- Supervise products and equipment tests after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s and company’s specifications.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self follow established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Communicate and support other departments to achieve the highest possible customer support.
- Manages Direct and Indirect Reports.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Repair Shop team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Competency in mechanical and electrical technical engineering application.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time. (Change as necessary)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
- Education and Experience: High school graduate or GED.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portal.www.liebherr.com.