Human Resources ManagerSaline | Job ID 14318
- Job ID 14318
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Human resources
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the HR functions for all Liebherr companies based in our Saline, MI facility and satellite locations, and in coordination with other Liebherr Group Human Resources, Payroll and Benefits staff to ensure consistent application, process and procedures to meet company and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the employment function, including recruitment sourcing that ensures a qualified, diverse applicant pool for all positions, scheduling interviews, interviewing, extending offers, scheduling pre-employment drug screens and physicals, maintaining applicant log and corresponding with applicants.
- Works closely with management to develop and implement new, and enhance existing employee relations initiatives. Supports managers with resolving employee conflict and grievances. Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Develops, implements and manages the performance evaluation and recognition programs. Provides assistance for the remediation of employee performance issues. Tracks and reviews performance appraisals for compliance and consistency.
- Works with management and other Human Resources staff to develop, propose and implement policies and procedures. Advises managers on company policies relating to Human Resources. Researches and understands the impact of legislation and consults with legal counsel, when necessary, to ensure policies and procedures comply with federal and state law. Represents Company at various government hearings.
- Works closely with management and other Human Resources staff in developing, implementing, conducting and evaluating training and development programs.
- Works closely with management to develop and implement a compensation plan and when applicable, bonus plan that is externally and internally equitable including analyzing wage and salary reports and data.
- Works closely with management and employees to develop and maintain job descriptions for all existing and new positions.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, FMLA, leave of absence and employee assistance program.
- Assists management with the reporting of OSHA recordable incidents and Workers Compensation claims.
- Administers relocation, immigration and visa processes.
- Manages the maintenance of records to include recruiting, attendance and FMLA records or others as required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Creates and maintains relationships with community organizations and entities as well as other companies to ensure the quality of the Liebherr employment brand. Works closely with management and other Human Resources staff with the coordination of community outreach and charitable events.
- Maintains organizational charts.
- Manages of staff as directed.
- Assists in random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and four years of experience or six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of HR, payroll and time and attendance systems; Internet and intranet software; MS Office software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve HR related issues and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited or no standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule required to meet multiple shifts and offsite locations.
- Ability to maintain discretion and handle sensitive information.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.