Mechanical Designer - Level II - IVNewport News, VA | Job ID 15846
- Job ID 15846
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry As soon as possible
The Mechanical Designer assists in the design and development of mechanical/structural related components and systems for use on mining equipment including new designs or product improvements of a current design.
- Works according to and complies with established departmental and company procedures.
- Participates in Engineering Development Programs.
- Works with Engineers to specify certain components required to assist in engineering projects including Pro-E modeling and creating production drawings.
- Provides design input for product improvement including cost reduction.
- Creates or works from sketches, marked prints, verbal instructions or Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) to produce detailed drawings and/or assemblies or make revisions to existing drawings.
- Responds to requests from manufacturing including occasional trip to the shop as necessary or requested to possibly assist or review a potential engineering documentation related issue and its effect with production.
- Records pertinent information required to generate a proper Engineering Notice for the release of engineering documents.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals and procedure manuals.
- Write reports and correspondence.
- Specifies and sources purchased components through direct contact or communication with vendors or potential vendors.
- Carries out instructions and deals with multiple issues to complete assigned tasks or projects.
Associate’s degree (A.S.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school for engineering drafting and design; or six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years Pro-E modeling experience in mechanical/structural engineering field.
Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer or supplier sites.
Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
Knowledge and use of AutoCAD.
Knowledge and use of Pro-E with the ability to produce or modify 3D models.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to compute area, volume and weights.
Ability to use Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of BaaN system as it relates to truck Bill of Material (BOM) structure and inventory control.
Ability to check own work and work of others.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.