Parts Forecast AnalystNewport News, VA | Job ID 17341
- Job ID 17341
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production planning and control
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 9/12/19
The Parts Forecast Analyst is responsible for coordinating Customer Service activities related to the Supply and Demand of replacement Parts and Components within the global supply chain for Customers and affiliated companies. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders to analyze forecast demand, coordinate supply activities and align inventory utilization to meet the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Conducts forecast analysis of parts and component demand, prepares reports and advises on feasibility of short to long term strategic plans for special projects and ongoing initiatives that are implemented to achieve the organization's growth, efficiency and profitability objectives.
- Plans and forecasts future inventory levels based on sales forecast, historic and current stock levels.
- Conducts usage analysis, economic studies, regulatory conformance reporting and market feedback to improve “market pricing” worldwide within the Liebherr Mining Organization.
- Analyze and evaluate the planning of parts and inventory levels whilst minimizing stock and maintaining an accurate forecast for ongoing requirements within the Company’s worldwide stock to include new stock and the Service Exchange Unit (SEU) program.
- Liaise interdepartmentally with engineering, production planning, manufacturing, Product Support, Marketing, Sale and purchasing, etc, to optimize the ongoing process for accurate parts planning.
- Regularly review regional forecast and provide inventory recommendations to improve supply chain efficiency: such as direct shipment, return goods management, bulk purchase orders etc.
- Facilitate and coordinate logistics for return goods and inter-company transfer of parts and components.
- Compiling and optimizing Recommended/initial Parts Lists for internal projects and affiliates.
- Potential analysis reporting vs forecast.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of an Inventory or Manufacturing software such as BaaN, Oracle, SAP or equivalent ERP order processing system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of Customs regulations and procedures.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Travel to customer or supplier sites either nationally and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport..