Apprentice Parts Advisor, MiningAcheson, AB | Job ID 40144
- Job ID 40144
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
Get paid to attend school to accelerate your career!!
Liebherr Canada is proud to provide full support for the training & development of our newest apprentice. If you are a recent high school graduate with mechanical aptitude and drive to learn, we are looking for you! The successful candidate will be located in the Acheson, AB area with a customer centric mindset, a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Based primarily in the shop, the Parts Apprentice will be responsible to administer and provide knowledge as it relates to Liebherr parts and components for both internal and external customers. In addition, the Parts Apprentice will manage inventory, dispense parts, and provide accurate advice on required & companion parts.
*Please note this position may require some travel/schedule flexibility with notice. Opportunity to work in different Liebherr divisions may be required/available during the apprenticeship.*
- Maintain Liebherr Environmental, Health and Safety standards
- Handle incoming parts inquiries from internal and external customers via phone, email or in-person
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
- Communicate with the Parts Planner to ensure parts are available for the Planned Delivery Date
- Build strong relationships with the Liebherr factories and distribution centers
- Maintain accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- Coordinate all machine down orders
- Perform weekly cycle counts as well as monthly and yearly inventory counts to ensure parts required are on schedule. In addition, advise internal and external customers about any delays
- Create purchase orders when necessary
- Enter invoices into customer portals where applicable, email invoices to customer AP where applicable and correct any errors related to billing and payment issues
- Process all returns as per Liebherr Canada return policy and procedure
- Process and create all core claims for corresponding factories and coordinate core return as well as credit notes; classify cores according to Liebherr programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Highschool completion required
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn; a passion for learning and adapting to a constantly evolving industry
- Customer service oriented; 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing work environment preferred
- Basic experience/knowledge in heavy equipment parts is an asset, but not required
- Strong computer skills
- Fast learner
- Sharp listener
- Dependable with the drive to seek initiative
Liebherr Canada is committing to provide a diverse, inclusive, safe and dignified work environment for all employees, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Hashim Iqbal at: [email protected]
One Passion. Many Opportunities.