Welder (Night Shift)Saline, MI | Job ID 29407
- Job ID 29407
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Welds different alloy metal components together with GTAW (TIG) process equipment to repair OEM Aircraft components.
- Lays out metal stock or work-pieces to indicate location, dimensions, and tolerances necessary for further processing
- Reads and applies blueprints, sketches, models, or other written specifications to identify and mark component reference points and compute layout dimensions to build, and check custom work pieces and assemblies
- Sets indicators on height gauge, protractor, and layout machines to computed dimensions, or projects dimensions by setting indicators to specified locations on model and moving instrument or machine so that indicators bear on corresponding locations on work-piece.
- Uses measuring instruments such as gauge blocks, height gauges, dial indicators and non-contact dimensional scanning technology to examine work-pieces to verify such requirements as dimensions, proper angles and specifications.
- Operates machines such as arbor presses, robotic flexible fixtures, GTAW processes and spot welding machines, to assemble work pieces and sub components and performs related tasks such as cutting and grinding.
- Assembles metal sub components using GTAW processes (TIG) to hold close tolerances.
- Performs GTAW process in a repair and production environment.
- High school diploma or GED with 1-3 years of experience in GTAW (TIG) welding process; or equivalent combingation of education and experience. Certified to welding standard AWS D17.1 fusion welding for aerospace is preferred.
- Must be able to operate machines of medium and complexity and have at least intermediate computer skills
- Must demonstrate enhanced trouble shooting skills within their assigned process
- Must demonstrate the ability to handle multi-task assignments
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must pass all D17.1 coupon tests
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Thomas at: 734-429-7225.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.