Electrical Assembly Technician-Concrete PumpsNewport News, VA | Job ID 29017
- Job ID 29017
- Division Concrete Technology
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Electrical Assembly Technician performs electrical assembly and maintenance in the shop on equipment such as concrete pumps, concrete batching plants, ring pan & twin shaft mixers and other concrete equipment and accessories.
Essential Job Duties:
- Plans, installs, terminates and verifies electrical wiring, load programs, and troubleshoots/adjusts programmable controls on concrete pumps.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes, such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Maintains and documents changes to drawings and procedures, and completes required testing records and checklists.
- Preps, cleans and finishes machines to ensure readiness for delivery to customer.
- Receives, logs and stores parts as they are delivered from warehouse or external suppliers.
- Attends monthly safety meetings and informs workshop staff of topics. Completes reporting as required.
- Receives and maintains new LUS-LMT machines and attachments, maintains laydown areas and manages available space.
- Manages tool inventory and monitors any required maintenance.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe work area at all times.
- Performs duties in a professional manner, and in accordance with all company, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Performs required and assigned trainings in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship, and two (2) to four (4) years of demonstrated experience and ability to work on industrial equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer Focus: Is attentive and responsive to the needs of internal and/or external customers. Builds and maintains customer satisfaction.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly. Disseminates information. Shares knowledge. Uses appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information.
- Teamwork: Develops and maintains positive relationships with peers and superiors. Accepts instructions and assignments. Assists others to accomplish group objectives. Creates trust. Works collaboratively in group situations and values diverse points of view. Helps develop peers and co-workers.
- Integrity: Demonstrates honesty, fairness, and trustworthiness. Follows through on commitments and admits to mistakes. Can be counted on to accept accountability for his/her own decisions, actions or results.
Position Specific Competencies:
- Job Skills: Applies the required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) in the performance of essential job duties:
- Demonstrated understanding in assembling, modifying and repairing industrial equipment.
- Ability to complete tasks with some supervision.
- Ability to operate forklifts, overhead cranes, and other material handling equipment.
- Ability to train others on routine or more complex tasks.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office, to include MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including but not limited to micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Managing Multiple Priorities: Handles multiple assignments and priorities while fulfilling all commitments. Handles a fair work load and meets deadlines. Accepts new responsibilities and adapts to changes in procedures.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibilities.
- Thinking and Problem Solving: Identifies and solves problems effectively and demonstrates sound judgement and decision-making.
- Cost Awareness: Strives to keep costs to a minimum. Demonstrates sound fiscal responsibility in all activities.
- Safety: Promotes an incident free and clean working environment.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Wishon at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.