Service Manager - Construction Heavy EquipmentManassas, VA | Job ID 28271
- Job ID 28271
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Service Manager has the overall responsibility for the product support operations of the retail branch. This includes overseeing the day-to-day internal/external service repairs; and management of product support personnel.
- Maintains/establishes a well-organized, profitable work center with strong emphasis on customer relations.
- Completes authority within guidelines set by the Retail Product Support Manager.
- Opens and closes service work-orders
- Schedules workload for in-house and field staff.
- Identifies training needs and oversees training schedule for service staff.
- Oversees cleanliness of facility and grounds.
- Oversees warranty claims.
- Works with parts department on parts ordering for repairs in process.
- Travels and works on customer machines in the field as required.
- Operates and maintains electric and/or air powered hand tools.
- Assists in testing and commissioning of products as necessary.
- Performs pre-start checks and ensures product is ready for start-up as necessary.
- Meets quality standards with no supervision and minimum required rework.
- Operates forklifts and overhead cranes as required.
- Reads various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers and torque wrenches.
- Maintains quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Works safely by following established safety procedures.
- Handles and disposes of hazardous wastes such as oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material.
- Troubleshoots using hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Directly manages service technicians and supporting staff.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Service team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associates or Technical degree in a related field plus five years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically up to 40% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of construction equipment products and the industry.
- Ability to create and foster a team environment.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to direct and manage others.
- Strong customer relations skills with ability to explain and sell necessary repairs.
- Knowledge of mechanical repairs and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams.
- Ability to push, pull or carrying up to 50 pounds.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portal www.liebherr.com.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Lolitta Miller at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.