Service EngineerSaline, MI | Job ID 25608
- Job ID 25608
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Automation Systems Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Service Engineer installs, commissions, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs Liebherr gantries, robots, pallet handling systems, and ancillary equipment such as conveyors, part markers, vision systems, and part buffering systems. The systems are composed of controls, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and lubrication systems.
- Installation and commissioning of Liebherr automation systems. Includes following documented commissioning protocol, reporting and closing open issues, and obtaining customer sign offs as required on issues and warranty start.
- Provide service to existing customers. Includes troubleshooting and diagnosing mechanical, lubrication, and pneumatic systems to repair automation and ancillary equipment.
- Provide service preventive maintenance to existing customers. Includes following preventive maintenance task list and completing all tasks.
- Provide training to existing customers. Includes following training manuals to execute mechanical maintenance training. May include both classroom and hands-on training.
- Track all delays in installations and interact with customer and Liebherr project managers to communicate progress and open issues.
- Extensive travel required, domestic and international. Includes preparing travel arrangements for flight, car, hotel, etc.
- Advise operators and maintenance electricians and mechanics of operation and maintenance procedures and requirements for working safely with equipment and components.
- Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- Experience reading mechanical assembly prints.
- Experience reading plant layout prints and establishing floor layouts for heavy equipment installation.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Computer skills to use company resources as required including MS Office and Intranet databases.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing installation and repair work.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required, with 3-5 years of experience in the mechanical field; or a combination of education and relevant experience. 2 year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program in a relevant field is preferred.
- Experience with reading electrical, mechanical prints, as well as experience with industrial controls PLC, NC, and HMI (i.e. Siemens) is required.
- Flex time start, tuition assistance, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.