Accounts Payable SpecialistNewport News, VA | Job ID 19221
- Job ID 19221
- Division Other
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Accounting / Finance / Controlling
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Processes accounts payable invoices and credits from 3rd parties and affiliated companies.
- Reconciles supplier statements.
- Works closely with Purchasing and other departments to resolve discrepancies or acquire needed approvals.
- Processes payments via bank wire or paper check.
- Reviews supplier invoices for proper sales and use tax and accrues tax if necessary.
- Inputs data for monthly journal entries.
- Reconciles Affiliated Balances quarterly utilizing the LIN ICS/SAB system.
- Processes expense reports.
- Maintains vendor files.
- A High School Diploma and two years’ experience of applicable accounting work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Travel domestically up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Strong math aptitude in addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, and percentages.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Solid analytical skills, including detecting and resolving problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of sales and use tax regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook and in using Accounting related computer systems to enter data and process payments.
A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.