Mechanical Design EngineerKillarney | Job ID 18680
- Job ID 18680
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Ireland
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
Liebherr have been manufacturing cranes in their Killarney facility since 1958 and today Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of rail-mounted ship-to-shore cranes, container stacking cranes, rubber tyre gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd. is now responsible within the Liebherr group for the worldwide marketing, design, manufacture, delivery, erection and servicing of rail mounted quayside container cranes and container stacking cranes.
The successful candidate will work as part of the design department and will be responsible for ensuring product designs and standards are met in accordance with departmental requirements and schedules.
The ideal candidate has qualified as an Engineer in a relevant discipline and has gained significant design experience. You are highly motivated, dependable and thorough and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. You possess excellent planning, scheduling and organisational skills and can ensure that required designs are completed on schedule in accordance with forecast section requirements and resources well in advance enduring timely delivery of all projects. You have excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels.
Key Elements of the Role
- Establishment and layout of design solutions for Liebherr Container Cranes products and their components.
- Preparation of detailed production drawings and their associated material lists.
- Liaise with personnel within and outside the design department in ensuring that designs produced are current, incorporate all updated solutions and conform to the standards required.
- Liaise with various sub-suppliers / sub-contractors to ensure that component fabrication and components quality is in accordance with the expectations and requirements of Liebherr.
- Visit site from time to time as requested by management to improve the knowledge and understanding of Liebherr Container Crane products and manage and supervise the installation and commissioning of products and services provided by Liebherr.
- Maintenance of the design database, ensuring that all design drawings and concepts are centrally stored.
- Preparation of manuals for Liebherr Container Crane products.
- Training of new and existing employees within the design department.
- Participate in handover to client and customer training.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience
- A third level qualification in Mechanical / Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, ideally in Mechanical / Structural design of steel fabrication structures.
- High level knowledge and experience in 3D design packages and related technologies.
- Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast paced operational setting.