Systems Project ManagerNewport News, VA | Job ID 36690
- Job ID 36690
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Systems Project Manager manages, coordinates and establishes priorities for complete life-cycle of projects including planning, design, programming, testing and implementation of business solutions designed to meet requirements of various departments in the company, such as service, parts, repair, warranty, administration and other after sales department. The System Project Manager will maintain security roles and associated privileges; upload, test and maintain content; generate various functions and performance related reports; and recommend system policies and procedures. Additionally, the Systems Project Manager will work with vendors and a variety of internal users to optimize systems in order to increase user productivity and company efficiency.
- Designs project plans, which identifies needs and define major tasks and milestones, based on scope, resources, budget and personnel.
- Determines project needs and acquires resources required for the success of the project.
- Coordinates the development of new & existing systems and/or applications projects, the modification of existing systems or applications, or changes in current methods or techniques.
- Coordinates project performance with the other work of the affected department or departments.
- Analyzes business processes, functions and procedures to determine the most effective business systems software to meet the needs of the organization.
- Establishes project systems specifications and objectives based on business requirements and cost effectiveness and provides recommendations to management.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of application dependencies, workflows, integrations, and processes surrounding applications.
- Builds, tests and applies application enhancements and upgrades within test and customer service environments.
- Maintains system documentation, logs, and work instructions.
- Works with vendors on product enhancements and system upgrades to assure system optimization and project completion.
- Investigates and analyzes feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications.
- Works with the factory on the integration of the projects for an easy cross over line including communications and other needed tools from affiliate’s locations without using a different system and or long conversations.
- Creates various reports for using within the flow.
- Trains users on systems and applications.
- Provides technical help and support to internal and external administrators and end users.
- Designs reports/workflows.
- Creates SharePoint sites/workflows.
- Creates and modifies SharePoint user accounts and permissions.
- Creates cascading style sheets (CSS).
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and 3 years relevant experience in a related industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Experience as liaison with Help Desk/end user support personnel.
- Knowledge of SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Excel power query.
- Knowledge of XML/HTML/CSS.
- Knowledge of Metadata Management.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems/system administration.
- Knowledge of Outlook software, Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to develop and implement project plans.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, prepare reports.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Ryan Wood at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.