Application EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 36199
- Job ID 36199
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 09/23/2021
The Application Engineer’s function is to support North America and South America sales and marketing relative to trucks, excavators and dozers in these markets. The Application Engineer is an in-house expert in mining techniques and the application of our products in the mining industry.
• Provide technical assistance to North America and South America Sales department and Customers relative to utilizing/applying our products.
• Visit Customer sites (mines) to gather information and make presentations relative to this technical assistance.
• Perform truck haulage simulations using TALPAC software.
• Estimate excavator/truck production rates, haulage cost/ton.
• Calculate dump body and bucket requirements based on site data and pass matching.
• Create and maintain excavator / truck loading charts.
• Assist with technical sales training of employees.
• Support Sales department with Customer presentations, technical training, and technical portions of
proposals (trucks, excavators and dozers).
• Produce documentation supporting Application Engineering activities such as “Job Reports”.
• Support Product Management with technical assistance as requested.
• Participate at mining industry trade shows and meetings.
• Produce and present technical “white papers” relative to the successful application of LME products.
• Bachelor Science degree in Mining Engineering is preferred or B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering combined with 2+ years of experience as an Application Engineer with a heavy equipment OEM (supplier to mining industry preferred).
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time with some trips lasting up to 4 weeks in duration.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
• Understanding of the mining industry in general, and of surface mining methods specifically.
• Understanding of the application of mining machinery and related equipment.
• Understanding of Sales strategy as applied to mining equipment in the global marketplace.
• Ability to visit mine sites worldwide and interact directly with Customers relative to the application and promotion of mining products.
• Ability to develop and perform presentations to personnel and Customers.
• Ability to conduct technical training to Liebherr personnel.
• Have strong analytical, oral, and written communications skills.
• Ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project.
• Ability to use (or learn) Runge TALPAC software.
• Ability to apply Project Management principles to manage workload and deliver results in a timely manner.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Lolitta Miller at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.