Regional Manager Customer Support - South AmericaNewport News, VA | Job ID 35281
- Job ID 35281
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 09/09/2021
The Regional Manager Customer Support serves as the primary point-of-contact to provide all aspects of
product support to Liebherr Mining (MIN) affiliates, LME Sales and Marketing departments, internal and
external customers and other Liebherr companies focusing on the performance of trucks in the assigned
regions-North America, Latin America, Africa, Europe or Australia.
• First point of contact for affiliates for all product related issues
• Documents, reports all major events that impact the performance of the truck and status of product reliability related issues by each mine-site.
• Coordinate Service Information (SI’s) and Technical Instructions (TIs) with affiliates
• Reports potential product issues and follows up with status and progress reports to affiliates and customers.
• Submit Engineering Change Requests (ECR’s) to Engineering and follows-up as required.
• Advise the Warranty Administrator on the technical validity of submitted warranty claims.
• Provide technical sales support upon request
• Documents, reports and maintains on a monthly basis all events that impact the reliability of a truck and status of product reliability related issues by mine-site.
• Coordinates documentation relating to upgrades and modifications [Service Instructions (SIs) and Technical Instructions (TIs)] with relevant personnel and verifies when the upgrades and modifications have been implemented.
• Follows up to ensure customer acceptance packages are received within 7-days of release, checks for completeness and directs problems reported back to the relevant departments.
• Schedules post-commissioning meetings as required to provide reports to internal stakeholders detailing the quality and completeness of haul trucks shipped from the Factory.
• Monitors LME Field Service Reports and ensures Product Support Representatives submit reports weekly when performing work in their respective regions.
• Review and disposition PIR from the field; creating PIR projects based on field issues, data analysis and parts evaluation
• Review, disposition and verify PARs as assigned by LME Quality Assurance department to address and resolve new product assembly issues.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from four-year College or university with a minimum of five (5) years related experience in heavy equipment mining environment ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of basic AC and DC electric drive systems.
• Knowledge of basic high horse power diesel engine principles.
• Knowledge of electronically controlled hydraulic systems as employed by modern earthmoving equipment.
• Knowledge of design principles of large electric drive hauls trucks.
• Knowledge of Access Database software; Project Management software; Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
• Ability to read, interpret and troubleshoot from hydraulic and electrical schematics.
• Ability to read and interpret structural drawings.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
• Ability to maintain Mine Safety & Health Administration (MSHA) certification.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Lolitta Miller at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.