Service Engineer - Harbour Mobile Cranes - SouthBiggleswade | Job ID 26601
- Job ID 26601
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen for a Service Engineer (Harbour Mobile Cranes) in our Maritime Crane department ideally located across the South of England from Peterborough down. The role contributes to the success of the Martime Crane department for Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd by carrying out effective maintenance and repair work on equipment, ensuring both quality standards and timeslines for repair are optimised at all times leading to increased customer confidence and repeat business whilst ensuring outstanding customer service at all times and working the Company's key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
To ensure compliance with the Company's Health & Safety Policy, Environmental Policy and Quality System
- Carry out, servicing, inspection and repair of machinery and equipment at customer premises or on site.
- To focus, as a priority, on the company’s harbour crane types, but also to become familiar with other product types.
- Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately.
- Return all warranty and other return parts cleaned and on time ensuring correct processes for packing and labelling.
- Ensure all service information is read, understood and filed.
- Correctly file all service manuals and that they are consistently updated.
- Undertake all work strictly in compliance with manufacturer guidelines and recommendations.
- Escalates the appropriate action in relation to broken or damaged company equipment.
- Develops an effective working relationship with the support team at the depot and can support others where required.
- Maintains a healthy and safe working environment for self and others through a clear understanding of workplace safety requirements and systems.
- Develops outstanding rapport and relationships with all customers
- Coordinates with the customer ensuring that customer needs are understood and that a flexible approach is adopted to meeting their needs
- Supports the roles of others ensuring administration and paperwork is completed effectively and on time as and when required
The successful candidate will require the following:
- GCSE’s grade A to C (or equivalent) in Maths and English
- Completion of a recognised apprenticeship to NVQ level 3 in a related industry
- Slinger & CSCS cards
- Full clean driving license
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development.