Senior Software Quality EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 18683
- Job ID 18683
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 11/6/2019
The Sr. Software Quality Engineer implements quality engineering and baseline control tools and processes for systems used in autonomous large mining haul trucks.
- Responsible for all aspects of requirements management process and infrastructure for internal and 3rd party development
- Responsible for all aspects of software configuration management process and infrastructure
- Responsible for ensuring software development process compliance to standards including functional safety (e.g. IEC 61508)
- Implements and maintains software integration systems to build software releases, run automated validation and static analysis tools and generate release / validation documentation
- Ensures appropriate project documentation is available for each new build
- Ensures 3rd party releases contain all necessary documentation and validation results
- Architects modular and maintainable software release packages
- Ensures documentation to describe software design is in place
- Creates training materials and provides training for software processes
- Leads requirements reviews/audits and ensures proper level of detail, structure and traceability
- Participates in software design reviews to ensure structure, traceability and coverage of requirements.
- Participates in Software Code/Unit Test reviews to ensure traceability to requirements and design
- Performs audits of Work Products and related artifacts for process compliance. Communicates and leads to the resolution of Noncompliance issues.
- Manages change requests, identifies all affected work products and artifacts. Ensures process compliance for changes.
- Provides input to Project Management as to Process related resource requirements and goals.
- Tracks and Reports Process Compliance Metrics. Implements process monitoring tools.
- Perform at an advanced technical level on all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Works independently and as a team member with other engineers, designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Participates in Engineering Development Program.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar) with eight years of programming experience in an engineering environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of high level software languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, etc.).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of model based development and automatic code generation tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink)
- Knowledge of unit testing and software validation techniques
- Knowledge of application lifecycle management tools (e.g. DOORS, PTC Integrity, TFS)
- Ability to create and establish software requirement management solutions including processes and associated workflows
- Knowledge of source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Knowledge of integration server technology (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of software configuration management tools (e.g. Atlassian, Rational)
- Ability to create and establish software configuration management processes and workflows
- Knowledge of basic networking and wireless networks
- Knowledge of software development standards/guidelines (e.g. CMMI)
- Knowledge of functional safety standards (e.g. IEC 61508, ISO 26262)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standards (e.g. ISO 27032)
- Ability to write specifications that describe software function
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals, software specifications
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles and V-model methodology and their required workflows and tools
- Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 25% to customer or supplier sites.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.