Crane Deliveries in New Zealand
2018 was an exceptional year for the New Zealand Crane Industry. Strong economic conditions produced record demand for lifting equipment for infrastructure and high rise development.
Liebherr-Australia Mobile and Crawler Crane Division in New Zealand enjoyed the benefits of this and delivered a record number of units in 2018 to our major customers and, very pleasingly, to a few first time Liebherr owners.
Some of the most notable deliveries included the following:
- Underlining the success of their LTM 1055-3.2, Collins Lifting Ltd added a new LTM 1090-4.1 to their fleet.
- Two units were delivered to Tower Cranes NZ Ltd, a LTM 1160-5.2 and a
- LTM 1090-4.1. Both machines are working successfully.
- A further three units were delivered to Titan Cranes Ltd in Wellington to add to their already impressive Liebherr fleet of 14 cranes. This included two LTM 1060-3.1 and a LTC 1050-3.1 (the first in the country).
- Christchurch company Smith Crane & Construction Ltd also added a further three units to their Liebherr fleet, which now totals six Crawler Cranes, 12 All Terrain Cranes and 21 Tower Cranes.
- Waikato Crane Services Ltd added a further three Liebherr cranes to their extensive fleet.
- NZ Crane Hire continued to support the Liebherr brand with the addition of another two units, an LTM 1055-3.1 and an LTM 1090-4.1.
- Hi Lift Cranes Ltd added an LTM 1160-5.2 and have placed a further order for 2019.
Sales orders remain strong for the first part 2019 and it looks like be a very good year ahead. The Mobile and Crawler Crane Team in New Zealand Andy Cameron, Alipate Haangana, Tom Curran and Annie Iglesia continue to work hard in support of our valued customers.