The Liebherr straddle carrier has been designed incorporating new and innovative design features. The resulting machine delivers excellent container handling, high productivity and reliability as well as low maintenance costs and fuel consumption.
Port of Lyttelton
Two SC350T 50 tonne twinlift machines working in the stacks at the Port of Lyttelton (New Zealand).
ECT Rotterdam, home to seven Liebherr straddle carriers
Liebherr straddle carriers working the interface between the container yard and landside at ECT Rotterdam (The Netherlands).
Liebherr straddle carriers at the Port of Tauranga
Three (1 over 2) Liebherr straddle carriers operating at the Port of Tauranga (New Zealand).
Port of Lyttleton
A Liebherr straddle carrier operating under Liebherr ship to shore container cranes at the Port of Lyttelton (New Zealand).
Working the stacks at the Port of Liverpool
A three high machine amonst the containers in the Port of Liverpool (UK).
1 over 3 high stacking at Belfast Port
A four high straddle carrier, busy in the stacks at Belfast Port (Northern Ireland), one of three Liebherr straddle carriers at the port.
Liebher straddle carrier with a 40 foot box at ECT Rotterdam
One of seven Liebherr SC340T model straddle carriers at ECT Rotterdam (The Netherlands).
Port of Lyttelton
A three high Liebherr straddle carrier in the stack at the Port of Lyttelton
Liebherr straddle carriers are custom built in two standard heights, three containers high (1 over 2) and four containers high (1 over 3). The straddle carriers are designed for single and twinlift operation. Eight wheels mounted on four steering axles, coupled with the superior response of the Liebherr drive and control system offers the ultimate in manoeuvrability and stability. The innovative design feature of individual hydraulic units at ground level results in a more dynamic response of the steering and braking system. The Liebherr straddle carrier has been developed from over 40 years of experience in container handling and brings new and innovative features to this market.
- Steer and brake by wire
- Hydraulics at ground level
- Liebherr electric AC inverter drives
- Small turning circle
- 4 axle steering with two and four wheel steering modes
- Power regeneration
- Hydraulic spreader
- Ergonomic operator's cabin
- Inching control
- Impact protection and automatic wheel alignment
Advantages and Benefits
- Improved dynamic response from the steering and braking system due to ground level hydraulics
- Reduced emissions
- Extended tyre life
- Maintenance friendly design
- Exceptional manoeuvrability and stability
- Regenerative power between drives
|1 over 2||1 over 3|
|Length||10 m||10 m|
|Width||4.94 m||4.94 m|
|Height||12.7 m||15.6 m|
|Height under spreader||9.2 m||12 m|
|Stacking capacity||3 high||4 high|
|Total empty self weight||62 t||64 t|
|Wheel base||2 m / 3.7 m / 2 m||2 m / 3.7 m / 2 m|
|Turning radius||9.61 m||9.61 m|
|Safe working load||40 t single | 50 t twin||40 t single | 50 t twin|
|Lifting speed full||18 m/min||18 m/min|
|LIfting speed empty||26 m/min||26 m/min|
|Driving speed full||30 km/h||25 km/h|
|Driving speed empty||30 km/h||25 km/h|
|cabin dimensions||2100 X 1500 X 2000 mm||2100 X 1500 X 2000 mm|
|Power rating||340 kW||340 kW|
- 40 t | 50 t, Single | Twinlift
- 3 or 4 high
- Ground control screen
- GPS integration
- Remote access
- TOS Interface
- Auto spreader alignment
The Liebherr Difference
- Worldwide Liebherr service network.
- Extensive training both on site and in our facility for operators and engineers.
- Purpose built state-of-the-art design and production facilities located in Ireland since 1958.
- Highly skilled and experienced employees with expertise in-house for after sales service.
- Responsibility with Liebherr, eliminating interface and compatibility problems (i.e. structural, mechanical and electrical design, production, commissioning and service).