Systems EngineerPerth | Job ID 39524
- Job ID 39524
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr-Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Australia
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
About the role
Liebherr-Australia’s Mining Division has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Perth based Systems Engineer to join a cutting edge, zero emissions Joint Venture, Powertrain Unit project. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will, research, develop, design and validate mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic hardware and associated control logic for use in heavy mining equipment. In addition to the technical aspects, you also effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure the project achieves its objectives.
- Develop mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electro-mechanical systems
- Create schematics of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and electro mechanical systems
- Create specifications/requirements that outline control system logic
- Write software and/or use model based design techniques to develop software modules
- Develop detailed test requests to initiate component and system level testing and validation
- Research solutions to optimize system designs and parameters
- Review and approve designs of mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Estimate time and cost requirements for equipment development and serial production
- Research and analyse customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data
- Work with Key Stakeholders to review customer requirements and ensure products/systems are fit for purpose and meets requirements
- Develop and maintain relevant documentation, technical packages and test instructions
- Work independently and as a team member with other Engineers, Designers, and Joint Venture Partner key stakeholders
- Engages with vendors and internal customers to collaborate on projects and tasks
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Two 2 years’ experience effectively designing and developing systems for heavy industrial equipment
- Flexibility to travel extensively to customer sites and internationally
- Commitment to complying with, and adhere to QA and Health and Safety guidelines
- Handles multiple assignments and priorities, while fulfilling all commitments
- Establishing and sustaining robust/effective long term relationships
How to apply
Please apply via the "apply now" link.
Applications close COB 28th December 2021
Candidates are advised that interviews may commence before closing date. No third parties or agencies please.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Stuart Spence at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.