Heavy Equipment Shop Lead Hand, Earth MovingBurlington, ON | Job ID 38441
- Job ID 38441
- Division Earthmoving
- Organization Liebherr-Canada Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country Canada
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Lead Hand is responsible for the mechanical effectiveness and safety of the Burlington repair shop. This includes supervising the overall operations of the shop and conducting hands-on maintenance and repairs on Liebherr’s Earth Moving fleet.
The successful candidate will supervise and act as an exemplary role model for all shop Technicians and Apprentices to follow. The Lead Hand will also be accountable for developing and growing the technical and professional skill set to Liebherr standards. Additionally, they will also be a main point of contact for maintenance & repair escalations.
- Ensure and lead a safety first working environment, confirm team members comply with safety regulations at all times and see to timely resolution of any safety concerns or escalations
- Foster team moral though regular, hands-on support and training for the shop team, including but not limited to; coaching, performance feedback, clear expectations for high standards of work practices & observations
- Regularly review work within the shop team to determine the best methods of installation for optimal quality and safety
- Frequently communicate with Shop Supervisors/Managers as needed on shop performance and KPIs
- As requested be involved with, and supportive of, disciplinary actions brought about by Supervisors/Managers
- Deliver on customer satisfaction and support business growth by meeting on-time and on-spec deliveries, provide timely escalations if required
- Maximize productivity and efficiency in the shop by prioritizing job orders and service requirements, ensuring appropriate number and mix of staff are assigned to meet timelines
- Provide and encourage continuous improvement in shop operations through discussions among management, sales and shop team.
- Maintain good housekeeping throughout the shop and at workstations including implementation of 5S elements
- Organize and deliver tool box talks daily
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant Heavy Equipment experience is required
- 421A / Red Seal Heavy Equipment License required
- Demonstrated leadership/mentor experience is strongly preferred
- Expert knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical components, diagnostics and troubleshooting techniques
- Experienced with component exchange, repair and warranty related activities
- Strong ability to read and understand schematics and technical drawings
- High attention to detail and an analytical mindset for managing quality standards and workshop performance
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Gauss at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.