Electrical Engineer II, III or SeniorNewport News, VA | Job ID 25815
- Job ID 25815
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Research / development
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
The Electrical Engineer researches, develops, designs and test electrical components and systems for use in large mining haul trucks.
- Investigates equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations that will efficiently resolve the issues.
- Reads and interprets maintenance and operators manuals, technical drawings, electrical schematics, wire diagrams, wire tables, and computer-generated reports.
- Investigates and tests products from vendors.
- Provides input to the Drafters in developing the electrical design of products using drafting tools or Computer-Assisted Design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Provides feedback to other Engineers on customer problems and needs related to the electrical systems and/or subsystems.
- Develops and oversees installation, testing, and maintenance procedures to ensure that electrical system components are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Develops, researches, designs, installs, tests, analyzes, and maintains electrical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements.
- Confers with Engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Specifies electrical system components or direct modification of truck components to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Creates electrical schematics using special electrical CAD software.
- Directs Designers and Engineers on Engineering Change Request/Engineering Change Notice work.
Bachelor’s degree (BSEE/EET) or equivalent, Associates degree (A.A.S) in Electrical discipline with two or more years electrical experience in an engineering environment, or five to six years electrical experience in engineering environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good technical writing skills and speaking skills.
- Well versed in voltage drop calculations and harness layouts.
- Must be able to travel to customer or supplier sites domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.