Junior Sales ManagerSaline, MI | Job ID 67017
- Job ID 67017
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr Components Northamerica
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 05/17/2023
The Junior Sales Manager –North America is an individual contributor position with overall responsibility for the development and management of key accounts. This position is responsible for securing existing business and developing new business for drives and drive components, slewing bearings, electronics, and hydraulic cylinders and pumps within existing and new markets in the North American Region.
- Analyze and monitor markets/industry segments for opportunities, trends and future developments with respect to business and product development
- Arrange and negotiate customer specific Terms and Conditions, customized, supply contracts, non-disclosure agreements and other legal documents in coordination with Directors of LUS-Components Division.
Sales and Sales Support
- Approaches existing and potential customers and provides technical and pricing information regarding component products to facilitate sales growth in North America.
- Develops and manages major account customers in cooperation with the R&D and manufacturing sites in Bulle, (Switzerland); Monterrey, (Mexico); Kirchdorf, Biberach and Lindau, (Germany).
- Identifies, develops, and coordinates effective business relationships with customers to ensure maximum market penetration.
- Delivers sales presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Liaises with support departments in preparation of pricing quotations and contract terms.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings and/or industry events to promote products.
- Maintains frequent and timely assessments and reports on: market conditions; potential and current customers and competitors; markets serviced; and provides frequent and accurate forecasts and sales reports
- Receive, examine and clarify customer specifications in accordance with application requirements and manages the projects with the customer. Uses technical knowledge and expertise of mechanical engineering and hydraulics, to find and offer the best product solution to the customer. This position will also create, submit, and negotiate offers to customers.
- Work in close collaboration with the respective business units of Liebherr Components’ business development and application engineering groups.
- Utilize the CRM system to increase transparency and effectiveness.
- Support the sales teams of other components, e.g. bearings, in technical and commercial matters
- Meets established sales quotas and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by sales team.
- Ensure timely, accurate and competitive pricing on all opportunities while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Provide timely feedback to Senior Sales Manager regarding performance.
- Compile regular KPI or other sales reports in coordination with divisional director and business unit’s requirements using CRM as a leading instrument for working, documenting and reporting. Ensure sales team utilizes the CRM system to increase effectiveness and transparency on multiple levels.
- Compile and submit for approval yearly sales forecasts on a customer-by-customer basis for the respective markets.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure they are communicated and implemented within the SRB sales team.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or other related field, with 0-3 years of relevant experience in the field. Additionally, experience in sales, sales support, business development, and project management is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Application engineering experience with gearboxes, slewing bearings, and/or hydraulics is preferred.
- Planning and Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Selling Skills: Demonstrates strong selling skills and makes sales that meet customer needs.
- External Awareness: Keeps informed about market conditions, competitive information and political factors that may influence the goals of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down problems and issues into components and analyzes the costs, benefits, opportunities and risks associated with each alternative solution.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, gathers and analyzes information, and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make timely decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Software Skills: Excellent knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems.
- Negotiation Skills: Listens to all points of view and negotiates compromise.
- Product and Application Knowledge: Has a good understanding of the product line and sells the product that will best meet the customer's needs.
- Relationship Building / Networking: Builds rapport with a variety of people and develops alliances to work together toward common goals.
- Integrity: Consistently demonstrates honesty, fairness, trustworthiness.
- Communication: Organizes and expresses ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Presents information professionally in front of an audience. Proficient in MS Office.
- Initiative: Works independently to solve problems. Looks for opportunities to take on more responsibility.
- Travel: Capability of travelling overseas, mainly Europe, for business and training purposes. Familiar with U.S. Export and Import regulations.
- Additional Requirements:
- Travel up to 50% of the time within North America and plus up to 20% overseas, mainly to Europe.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Mariana Lopez-Floran at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.