Shop Technician - Mobile Cranes (Houston)Houston, TX | Job ID 66956
- Job ID 66956
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 05/15/2023
The Shop Technician performs mechanical maintenance, reapirs virtually any damaged or worn part on a crane, makes assembly adjustments in the shop on heavy equipment such as crawler cranes. Operates mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot machine problems and evaluates repairs, as needed. Maintains punctuality and a professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, blueprints and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure they are in proper operating condition.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts, using welding equipment.
- Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Promotes a safe work environment by ensuring the group and self-follow established safety procedures.
- Follows directions for the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as tones, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner and similar material
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma, technical school or apprenticeship.
- Ability to train others.
- Demonstrated ability using diagnostic software for troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter who is able to work independently as well as a team member.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and hydraulic maintenance skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to work on a variety of equipment at various locations.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Ability to read various measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, and torque wrenches.
- Demonstrates concern for the accuracy and quality of work. Takes steps to correct mistakes, and uses feedback to improve overall performance.
- Travel domestically up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to provide own hand tools.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.