Liaison Engineer - Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation Seattle OfficeEverett, WA | Job ID 66903
- Job ID 66903
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 05/11/2023
The Liaison Engineer position works with internal and external teams to develop innovative solutions and drive performance. This role provides expertise and support for the engineering team and in all system related fields associated with the projects Liebherr Aerospace is involved with Boeing and other customers.
- Ensure Liebherr-Aerospace liaison engineering with Boeing for engineering activities.
- Support the entire development process from early system and component studies, detailed design phase, qualification phase, flight test phase to entry into service and sustaining.
- Knowledge of general requirements for aerospace systems and products.
- Knowledge of aerospace product development processes and standards.
- Knowledge of aerospace qualification and certification processes.
- Knowledge to support troubleshooting of equipment.
- Support program management in achieving budgets and timelines.
- Coordinate activities with Boeing teams management directives and Seattle engineering manager, so as to ensure adequate technical support to Boeing for ongoing joint activities.
- Ensure reporting through the office and company tools and project management directives.
- Ensure design expertise, support, and system development integration activities with Boeing and other partners located onsite.
- Promote and ensure implementation of the technical directives.
- Support and coordinate training of the production engineering personnel, support and participate to functional system testing on aircraft for the first production aircrafts.
- Provide and support engineering analysis, and disposition of snags associated with components, and detected on the assembly line“in close cooperation with FAL engineering.
- Ensure liaison engineering with OEs, for system ground and flight testing.
- Ensure local configuration management of system installed on flight test aircraft.
- Support flight test briefing and debriefings; collect and distribute flight test data, record, and provide advanced analyses of system snags to the OEs system team.
- Summarize, and prepare digests of technical meetings and decisions taken at the customer, and ensure transmission of the information to the OEs team.
- Perform system analyses, as directed by the OEs System team.
- Ensure appropriate preparation and organisation of the development meetings on site.
- Ensure engineering support to the OEs supplier management follow up team (engineering follow up of local US or Canadian companies).
- Promote the image of Liebherr Aerospace at engineering level, and identify potential business activities based on engineering needs identified.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or other related science/engineering field with 3-7 years of engineering experience relevant required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of products and services.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Ability of comprehension and analysis of complex technical contexts.
- Perform in depth system analyses.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing
- environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Generating reports, and advanced competency with computer skills and applications.
- Ability to multitask to participate to technical discussions and also take the notes needed to generate comprehensive meeting minutes; ability to operate in a potentially stressful environment.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, print reading, and basic electrical schematics.
- DOT drug screen required.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% of the time.
Salary range: $90,000 to $107,000.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Mariana Lopez-Floran at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.