Design EngineerSaline, MI | Job ID 66901
- Job ID 66901
- Division Aerospace & Transportation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Aerospace Saline, Inc.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 05/11/2023
The Design Engineer position works with internal and external teams to develop innovative solutions and drive performance. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Absent undue hardship reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Prepare design documentation in context of new and serial projects according to company processes and standards.
- Create detail and assembly drawings.
- Create and verify drawing views, sections and projections.
- Create and modify CAD models.
- Create and manage BoMs in PLM system.
- Propose and design repair and modification solutions for complex aerospace parts, assemblies and systems.
- Prepare justification and certification documentation for repairs and modifications
- Manage multiple projects including budgets and timelines.
- Technical support of project engineers, repair shop and other departments.
- Harmonize technical content with production and design organization approval holders, suppliers and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Continuously improve company processes related to repair and modification design, justification and approval.
- Research new repair technologies and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering or other related science/engineering field (Master’s degree preferred) with 1-5 years of experience (including co-op and internship experience) in the aerospace industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of aircraft components.
- Advanced knowledge of a 3D CAD system, preferably PTC Creo or CATIA.
- Knowledge of a PLM system.
- Knowledge of air law and aircraft certification rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of aerospace materials, coatings and manufacturing and repair processes.
- Knowledge of industry standard design-and-development processes and methods.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a potentially stressful environment.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as determined by business need from time-to-time.
Flex time start, comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Referral Bonus: Tier III
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Mariana Lopez-Floran at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.