Field Service Engineer - Gear TechnologySaline, MI | Job ID 66572
- Job ID 66572
- Division Machine Tools & Automation Systems
- Organization Liebherr Gear and Automation Technologies, Inc.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 04/26/2023
The Service Engineer installs, commissions, maintains, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs Liebherr Gear Technology and Liebherr Automation equipment such as gear- hobbing, grinding, shaping, skiving, deburring machines, gantries, robots, pallet handling systems, and ancillary equipment such as conveyors, part markers, vision systems, and part buffering systems. The equipment/systems are composed of electrical, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication systems/components.
- Installation, start-up, commissioning, and debugging of Liebherr Gear Technology and Automation equipment following all safety requirements and procedures.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication systems/components.
- Follow documented commissioning protocol, reporting and closing open issues, and obtaining customer sign-offs as required on issues and warranty start.
- Provide preventive maintenance to customers; follow preventive maintenance checklists and complete all tasks.
- Provide training to customers; following training manuals to execute electrical and mechanical maintenance and operator training.
- Track all delays in installations and interact with customer and Liebherr project managers to communicate progress and open issues.
- Report hours and expenses as directed by Liebherr procedures in the required timeframe.
- Extensive travel required, domestic and international. Includes preparing travel arrangements for flight, car, hotel, etc.
- Comply with all state, local, and customer safety requirements (general safety, electrical discharge awareness/arc-flash, quality system awareness, and lock-out tag-out).
- Advise operators and maintenance electricians and mechanics of operation and maintenance procedures and requirements for working safely with equipment and components.
- Maintain company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required, with 3-5 years of experience in the electrical, or mechanical field; or a combination of education and relevant experience. A 2-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program in a relevant field is preferred. Experience with reading electrical, mechanical prints, as well as experience with industrial robotics controls (i.e. Fanuc, Kuka, ABB).
- Ability to manage complex situations and principles.
- Ability to perform in a potentially stressful environment.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, fractions, and ratios to practical situations.
- Ability to read and follow industrial electrical and mechanical assembly prints.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and ability to learn intranet databases, and other computer systems.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel, individually or in a team, and be able to interface and communicate effectively with operators.
- Ability to strategically collaborate across multiple teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines, and in close quarters performing installation and repair work.
- Proficiency in PC-based word processing and spreadsheets to include MS Office/Windows.
- Demonstrate initiative to maintain productivity.
- Ability to read and follow industrial electrical drawings.
- Ability to perform hard- and software changes.
- Ability to restore PCU, NCU, and HMI.
- Ability to debug PLC logic.
- Ability to troubleshot controls issues.
- Ability to repair controls issues.
- Ability to perform operator training and electrical maintenance training.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 90% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Working overtime and working weekends is required when necessary.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international organization. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. Flex time start, tuition assistance, major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company matching up to 6%, paid vacation and personal days.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Mariana Lopez-Floran at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.