CNC Programming TechnicianNewport News, VA | Job ID 66341
- Job ID 66341
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 04/10/2023
The CNC programmer develops numerical control programs to control the path of metal removal and cutting processes; investigates new processes to improve efficiency; assembles and presets tooling.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design intent to determine the machining code.
- Utilizes charts and table for calculations related to part setup and tooling speeds and feeds.
- Maintains all tooling, MRO’s and provide training for new machinist.
- Reads various machinist measuring tools and gauges, such as machinist scales, micrometers, and calipers.
- Recognizes when machinery is not properly adjusted and adjusts as required.
- Locates tools, parts, and materials for upcoming production.
- Programs and creates prototype parts from the various machining centers and burn tables in support of production initiatives.
- Uses nesting software to program jobs on plasma tables.
- Occasionally runs the CNC center if needed to fill in for other operators.
- Tracking plate inventory to maintain production.
- Able to support production schedule either by phone or in person while off shift.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1 to 6 years related experience and/or training.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using
- whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals including the metric system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop mathematics and speed/feeds for metal cutting will be required.
- Demonstrated knowledge to navigate the Siemens 840SL and Haas controller.
- Ability to manually program accessory heads using Siemens controller.
- Understands new machining methods and looks for ways to improve our current process.
- Demonstrated ability to operate CNC machine centers.
- Demonstrated ability to program using nesting software.
- Ability to understand the nesting processes of burn table operations.
- Ability to use Microsoft office.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.