MK Crane Service Technician - RemoteHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 66322
- Job ID 66322
- Division Tower Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 04/06/2023
Service Technician will provide operator orientation and familiarization for new and used products for all Liebherr MK cranes. Crane commissioning orientation and demonstration will take place at the request of customer’s location as well as on job sites. The commissioner will design, develop, create, and present on the job, crane orientation per the Manufactures Operating Instructions with the customers designated equipment operators.
Possess the knowledge to diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic equipment on mobile construction cranes. Repair or replace virtually any part on cranes. Apply electrical theory and related knowledge to troubleshoot and or modify operational electrical machinery and electrical control equipment and circuitry. Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational machinery and equipment. Operate mechanical boom and cable equipment to troubleshoot and or repair machine problems and evaluate correctness and completeness of repairs that have been done on the machine. Ability to build solid rapport and train adults to utilize new equipment safely. Sets the positive example in punctuality and professional demeanor by respectful communication with all levels of staff, keeping work areas clean and orderly, and promoting safety regulations and all other company programs.
- Train Customers during equipment turnover regarding proper operation, erection, and all troubleshooting procedures.
- Develop new training materials for the customer trainings in collaboration with MK training center and training development at LBC.
- Assess electrical and mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Operate and inspect the MK cranes to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble MK cranes using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using multimeters and various testing tools.
- Read, understand, and interpret operating manuals, parts manuals, schematics, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test the MK’s to ensure operating efficiency.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Complete assigned paperwork as instructed.
- Oversees the maintenance of quality standards through visual and mechanical inspection methods.
- Promotes a safe work environment by following established safety procedures.
- Oversees the handling and disposing of hazardous wastes, such as toner, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, auto parts cleaner, and similar material.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Litronic, Lidat, and crane management software.
- Prepare for jobs by checking parts and drawings for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete jobs independently with little assistance from others.
- Properly fill out working reports, hour’s reports, timesheets, hour’s overviews, and expense reports.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and part related questions when needed.
- Attends training sessions as required.
- Maintains a minimum set of tools required for job performance.
- Cares and maintains company tools, machines, and equipment.
- Maintains a positive attitude and role model for the other employees to follow.
- Maintains company service literature and maintains a high awareness of technical changes.
- Assumes the lead person position temporarily, as necessary.
- Trains and/or mentors others in department.
- Works as a brand ambassador to promote the product, parts, and service.
- High school graduate or GED and at least one year of experience with heavy equipment or machinery, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- Demonstrated initiative to visualize, organize, manage, and complete projects in individual and group settings.
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information.
- Proficiency in the use of PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Demonstrates ability to handle confidential information.
- Assist the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 95% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier II
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.