Material Prepper Machine OperatorNewport News, VA | Job ID 65823
- Job ID 65823
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 03/14/2023
The Material Prep Machine Operator sets up and operates material prep machines, such as saws, iron-worker, shear, press brake, grinders, NC torch tables, plasma torches, lathe, knee mill, radial arm drill and beveling operations with minimal supervision.
- Sets up and operates material prep machines.
- Utilizes charts and table for calculations related to part setup and tooling.
- Reads various machinist measuring tools and gauges, such as machinist scales, micrometers and calipers.
- Operates overhead cranes as required.
- Responsible for keeping machines and surrounding area clean and tools stored in their designated places.
- Recognizes when machinery is not properly adjusted and makes adjustments as required.
- Locates tools, parts and materials for upcoming production.
- Interprets and performs minor program edits as required in order to produce a quality product.
- Accurately perform inventory audits.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals including the metric system.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shop mathematics and speed/feeds for metal cutting will be required.
- This position is performed on three (3) shifts.
- Available to work weekends and overtime.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary. We hire as soon as possible.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.