IT Engineering AdministratorNewport News, VA | Job ID 65545
- Job ID 65545
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Information technology / Software
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 02/28/2023
Primary focus of this position is Windows\Linux\Cloud-based systems administration and user support, responding to requests such as help desk tickets, telephone, email and in-person service within the Liebherr Groups and its Newport News VA location, as well as other offsite locations in accordance with Liebherr International IT security standards. This includes troubleshooting hardware and software related issues.
- Develops project plans and coordinates changes and progress; completes projects on time and on budget; manages project team activities.
- Configures, optimizes, fine-tunes and monitors operating system software and servers.
- Troubleshoots Windows server, services, and server role (IIS, File Sharing, Virtualization, etc.) related issues.
- Creates scripts for the automation of processes.
- Communicates and coordinates enterprise level issues to the upstream IT Teams.
- Resolves network connectivity issues and communicates with network administrator.
- Ability to review and implement code, scripts, and interface configurations for validation of security and network parameters or troubleshooting.
- Coordination of Engineering projects with local, divisional, and corporate IT resources.
- Ability to challenge ideas and provide infrastructure and design proposals.
- Controls, installs and maintains both off the shelf Engineering applications and custom Liebherr software applications (Ex: SVN, JIRA, MATLAB, PTC Windchill, Jenkins, RV&S).
- Handles support requests via help desk tickets, phone, and email or in person.
- Communicates and coordinates enterprise level issues to the various IT teams.
- Stays informed of current technology, trends and best practices related to IT. Analyzes and recommends changes and upgrades to staff and direct supervisor.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- All duties of Level I.
- Cloud architecture management and administration, creates, configures, and maintains Azure resources.
- Mentor and train Level I IT-engineering administrators.
- Lead small to medium size projects.
- All duties of Level I and II.
- Lead large size projects.
- Architect computing solutions in conjunction with software developers and hardware engineers.
- Mentor and train Level I and II IT-engineering administrators.
- API development and implementation (SOAP, REST, JSON).
- Solid experience with current Windows server editions and workstations.
- Is competent and comfortable with handling support requests via help desk tickets, phone and email or in person.
- Good communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions; support and explains reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities with keen attention to detail; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Experience in supporting Windows and Linux Engineering applications, such as JIRA, Jenkins, SVN, Docker, MATLAB, and others.
- Sys Admin experience with Linux operating systems.
- Good experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Good experience with databases, such as Microsoft SQL, Cassandra, and Oracle.
- Experience using help desk software and ability to coordinate with help desk personnel for successful and timely resolution of tickets.
- Ability to recognize and troubleshoot Windows server, services, and server role (IIS, File Sharing, Virtualization, etc.) related issues.
- Proficiency with programming concepts and fundamentals, familiarity with ASP.NET and C# preferable.
- Experience using remote connection tools and help desk software.
- Knowledge of IT Security principles, vulnerabilities, protection methods and best practices.
- Experience with IT related client and datacenter hardware.
- Everything included in Level I.
- Familiarity with Azure services including AzureAD, VM, networking, security, and storage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Strong experience with databases, such as Microsoft SQL, Cassandra, and Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of IT Security principles, vulnerabilities, protection methods and best practices.
- Strong experience with datacenter hardware.
- Everything included in Levels I & II.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.Advanced experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Advanced experience with databases, such as Microsoft SQL, Cassandra, and Oracle.
- Advanced knowledge of IT Security principles, vulnerabilities, protection methods and best practices.
- Advanced experience with datacenter hardware.
Education and Experience:
- Level I: A combination of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or relevant technical certifications) with one to two years’ work related experience or five to six years related work experience.
- Level II: A combination of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or relevant technical certifications) with three to five years’ work related experience or seven to nine years related work experience.
- Level III: A combination of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or relevant technical certifications) with six or more years’ work related experience or ten or more years related work experience.
- All Levels: Technical Certification in Microsoft technologies, preferred MCSE/MCSA, A+, Server+, Network+, preferred.
- Occasional travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- This position is working from home eligible (up to 2 days per week after 90 days).
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Silva at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
One Passion. Many Opportunities.