Welder - Maritime CranesHialeah Gardens, FL | Job ID 61022
- Job ID 61022
- Division Maritime Cranes
- Organization Liebherr USA Co.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 09/12/2022
The Welder fits, welds and repairs steel structures for the maritime cranes division, to include ship cranes, reachstackers, mobile harbor cranes, offshore cranes and other components of Liebherr products.
- Successfully complete all required welding tests. (SMAW, GMAW, TIG, etc.)
- Ability to weld structural steel in all positions.
- Identifies deficiencies and makes repairs to structural components of cranes.
- Ensures that proper equipment and materials are transported to site.
- Ensures that work instructions are clear.
- Ensures repairs and fabrications are done properly and in conformance with codes, regulations and product specifications.
- Ensures that work is performed in a manner that minimizes scrap and rework.
- Ensures that jobs are completed within time requirements.
- Ensures that all equipment used is maintained in proper working order.
- Ensures that all sites have been properly cleaned up before leaving.
- Ensures all safety requirements are followed.
- Provides training as required to others as assigned or as job circumstances require.
- Communicates any concerns regarding equipment or materials issues, or work performance of others to management.
- Communicates flow of information required to keep jobs on time within budgets to management and coworkers.
- Observes all safety rules, and safety concerns are communicated to management.
- Work area and tools and equipment are kept clean and properly maintained.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three years of experience in welding and fabricating, or a combination of equivalent education and experience. Sufficient experience to be able to identify deficiencies and make repairs in structural components of cranes working without supervision.
- Blueprint and WPS reading proficiency.
- Ability to lay out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Ability to determine required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Ability to develop templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Ability to tack-weld or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Ability to heat, form, and dress metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ability to cut work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Ability to weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ability to inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to comprehend, speak and write the English language. Ability to speak effectively before customers.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task while completing work in a competent and professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to repair all aspects of the cranes.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to burn pins using Oxylance equipment.
- Assist the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must complete all product training provided successfully.
- Must complete all required safety training.
- Must complete all offshore training classes.
- Must produce documentation of successful training for Class.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Ability to work overtime as well as on weekends or on call duty.
- Ability and willingness to work offshore for weeks at a time.
- Ability to maintain valid offshore medical and safety certifications.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Referral Bonus: Tier IV
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Alden at: [email protected].
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.