Design Engineer PTU Integration Technical LeadPerth | Job ID 39522
- Job ID 39522
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr-Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Area of employment Customer Service
- Country Australia
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
About the role
Liebherr-Australia’s Mining Division has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Perth based Design Engineer to provide of high level Powertrain Unit (PTU) integration systems; design, scope and cost services to the Project. Reporting to the Project Manager PTU Integration, you will be responsible for effective interface between our Factory and other project support services. The Technical Lead is responsible for; developing logic specifications, implementation and testing of electrical, electromechanical, hydraulic, and drive systems ensuring developed products meet the cost targets and technical specifications.
- Undertake complex PTU Implementation design activities and services that delivers product reliability, functionality and cost requirements
- Approve and manage; documentation, monitoring and analysis of PTU Implementation designs and traceability
- Effectively identify and resolve problems, gather and analyse information, develop alternative solutions using Team and Key Stakeholder synergies
- Provision of expert design guidance, advice and support
- Conduct effective high level field testing, trials and analysis on designed components/systems
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis of components/equipment, modifications, including their reliability and functionality
- Research suitable suppliers for design services including discussions and recommendations on capability and cost
- Establish and maintain strong, effective, and robust working relationships
Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification and eligibility for IEAust membership
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in intensive mechanical and electrical design projects
- Specific development experience with heavy, off road, or mining vehicles is highly desirable
- Flexibility to travel extensively to customer sites and internationally
- Commitment to maintain, and adhere to safety guidelines in the workplace
- Establishing and sustaining robust/effective long term relationships
How to apply
Please apply via the "apply now" link.
Applications close COB 28th December 2021
Candidates are advised that interviews may commence before closing date. No third parties or agencies please.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Stuart Spence at: [email protected]
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.