Technical Service ManagerSaline, MI | Job ID 16280
- Job ID 16280
- Division Components
- Organization Liebherr Components Northamerica
- Area of employment Sales
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry ASAP
The Technical Service Manager for North America supports the processing of all service related tasks, such as corrective or predictive maintenance tasks, corrective field actions, warranty claims, service calls, aftersales support, and working through complaints at OEMs. Additionally, this position will be responsible for daily technical support, operational troubleshooting, training customers on Liebherr products, and aftersales support within the assigned territory. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships, as well as aftersales components business within the LUS – Components Division, preferably in diesel combustion engines, slew bearings, drives, and hydraulic components in various applications.
- Service Calls- On request, diagnose technical problems and/or conditions involving the component performance, repair, and bringing full service/resolve to customer problems. Oversee product pre and final commissioning as and when required. The Technical Service Manager will also handle emergency calls as necessary.
- Routine Visits- Ensure customer satisfaction through proactive customer visits and site inspections through the completion of site specific inspection reports that improve component uptime. Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the customer, providing communication with the end users and leadership as needed.
- Campaigns/Warranties- Support of various component field retrofit and campaigns by ensuring a full technical understanding of such requirements to support customers in the fulfillment of such actions. Detailed recordkeeping and follow-up is also expected.
- Technical Administration- Coordinate and manage service and repair assignments for all products of LUS – Components Division, with a strong emphasis on diesel combustion engines.
- Order Management- To support aftersales and customer needs, this role will advise order management on availability, scheduling demand of spare parts, and follow-up with the customer.
- Support- This role will support the sales and service team as it pertains to service cases, resolving incoming technical issues, and any warranty, claim, and troubleshooting issues.
- Project Management and Internal Collaboration- Partner and work in close collaboration with the Liebherr Components Production Facilities’ customer service, application engineering, and other relevant departments; emphasis will be on urgency, response times, and quality as it pertains to customer needs and requirements. This role will help coach, teach, and train internal customers to meet external customers’ needs.
- Travel up to 50% of the time within North America and up to 20% internationally, mostly to Europe.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as determined by business need from time-to-time, to perform on-call duty for taking service calls for troubleshooting engine related technical problems.
- Advanced knowledge of products and services, with emphasis on diesel engines.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to operate and facilitate cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate strong aftersales skills.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, ERP systems, generating reports, and basic competency with computer skills and applications.
- Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers or suppliers.
- Ability to effectively present information to internal and external customers.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or other related science/engineering (Master’s degree preferred) field
- Experience: 5+ years of engineering experience required. Additionally, 4+ years of experience with project management, aftersales, and/or business development is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with diesel combustion engines is preferred.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance; 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days. Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com.