Apprentice - Paint Shop OperativeBiggleswade | Job ID 19964
- Job ID 19964
- Division Mobile Cranes
- Organization Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd.
- Area of employment Production
- Country United Kingdom
- Entry level Students
- Type of contract full time
A vacancy has arisen within our Paint Shop for an Apprentice on a 4 year apprenticeship programme. The role is to undertake a formal apprenticeship with Liebherr-Great Britain Ltd within the LWE Crane, Earthmoving and Truck Mixer paint shop and engineering environments with a view to a long term career as a paint shop technician whilst working within the Company’s key result areas; Business Performance, Customer Focus, People and Teamwork, Leadership.
- To undertake a formal apprenticeship within the paint shop environment and undertake structured work based training.
- To attend designated training courses to augment the work based training.
- To complete all necessary academic and work-based qualifications (current and proposed) and additional peripheral but relevant qualifications necessary for competence to work with the LGB paintshop’s scope of activities.
- To focus as a priority on all the Company’s product types but to also learn and develop skills on other products with a view to future developments.
- To participate in the early stages of the effective processing of warranty claims and report on technical matters that might impact on the outcome of warranty claims.
- To investigate specific customer problems on a project by project basis, providing technical reports as may be requested from time to time.
- To support the activities of the Company’s after-sales and sales operations principally in Biggleswade but also at facilities around the UK and Ireland and the Group’s facilities in other countries.
- To ensure that as far as possible any commercial risks to the company are eliminated when dealing with customer and suppliers.
- In all activities to ensure the Safety, Quality, Environmental, HR, Financial and all other operational policies of the company are adhered to and promoted and that Company procedures, both operational and administrative are maintained.
The successful candidate will require the following:
- 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at ‘C’ grade or above (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics and preferably a science based subject.
- Demonstrate a passion for the subject, the industry and their own personal development.
- Be articulate and able to communicate confidently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Smart and well presented.
- Flexible approach to work.
What we are offering
The opportunity to work with the industry-leading manufacturer, a secure and progressive work environment, competitive salary and benefits, training and personal development