You are hereLiebherr Group: Products & Services for Austria
In down-the-hole drilling a drill rod is fitted with a hammer at its lower end. The hammer, which is mounted on the drill bit, is activated through the addition of compressed air and driven into the ground – simultaneously rotating and impacting. A flushing current collects the loosened drill cuttings and conveys them upwards. This method is mainly applied for hard to very hard rock and/or for penetrating large boulders.
1. Setting the DTH hammer with drill rod and casing on the drilling point.
2. Rotary and percussive drilling of the drill string under compressed air supply.
3. After reaching the final depth, unlocking of the drill rod with DTH hammer and pilot bit.
4. Withdrawal of the drill rod, DTH hammer and pilot bit out of the casing.
5. Completed cased borehole.
The video shows the down-the-hole drilling method for very hard soil or rock.
A rotary drilling rig, type LB 20, working with down-the-hole hammer inside a casing.
A flushing current conveys the loosened drill cuttings upwards and exits at the upper end of the casing.
This product is not available in the selected range. Change the range to delete the product separately from your wish list.