Rail mounted gantry cranes
Rail mounted gantry cranes (RMGs) are manufactured to individual customer needs in a variety of different stacking heights and spans. Supplied with Liebherr's 8 rope reeving anti-sway and drive systems, the Liebherr rail mounted gantry crane delivers exceptional productivity and reliability.
Two large RMG cranes at Vladivostok.
Two 63 metre span Liebherr rail mounted gantry cranes at work in Vladivostok (Russia). These machines can stack six containers high.
Four RMGs at a busy rail terminal
Liebherr rail mounted gantry cranes hard at work at Stobart's rail terminal in Widness (UK).
Liebherr RMGs at the Ust Luga Container Terminal (Russia)
With a lift height of 9.5 metres (1 over 2), a span of 22.3 metres and a small cantilever outreach these RMGs are ideally suited to working a rail fed intermodal terminal.
RMGs at Freightliner, Southampton
Two Liebherr RMGs hard at work in Freightliner, Southampton (UK). Freightliner also have Liebherr RMGs in Manchester and Birmingham.
RMGs at Felixstowe Container Terminal
These rail mounted gantry cranes have a span of 31 metres and feature cantilevers on both sides. By the middle of 2015, five Liebherr RMGs will be operating at the Felixstowe Container Terminal (UK).
Liebherr RMGs and STS at MTL, Dublin
Liebherr rail mounted gantry cranes and ship to shore continer cranes work together at MTL Container Terminal, Dublin (Ireland). The ship to shore container cranes and rail mounted gantry cranes working together to load/unload and stack.
Semi automated rail mounted gantry cranes, Jubail.
Some of the six state of the art semi-automated RMG cranes in operation in Jubail (Saudi Arabia).
Simultaneous motion of gantry, trolley, hoist and swivel
Liebherr RMGs have the option of a rotating trolley. Loading of a train often sees the doors of the container facing each other for security.
Available with stacking heights of up to eight containers high, with custom spans in excess of 70 metres and outreaches up to 20 metres, each RMG features Liebherr’s crane management and reporting software and is designed for manual, semi-automatic or automatic operation. The application of Liebherr’s eight rope reeving anti-sway system and simultaneous motion of all drives leads to increased productivity when compared with alternative designs.
- Liebherr's unique eight 8 rope reeving anti-sway system
- Simultaneous drive motion
- Power regeneration
- Rigid robust structure - Optimum for automation
- Direct driven travel systems
- Liebherr designed and built drive systems
- Reputable European sub suppliers
- Anti crabbing technology in gantry travel direction
- Exceptional anti-sway performance
- Accurate spreader positioning - no headblock - better visibility
- No headblock, reduced tare weight
- Increased productivity compared with alternative designs
- Low maintenance and spare part costs
- Smooth gantry operation
- Improved performance where high in-service winds prevail
- Optimum design for automation
- In-house expertise and excellent aftersales service
- Lower energy costs
- Spreader side shift eliminated due to simultaneous motion
|Gantry span||22 - 70 + m|
|Lifting height||From 9.2 m for 1 over 2
up to 26.9 m for 1 over 8
|Cantilever||up to 20 m|
|Safe working load||40.6 t - 50 t single | 50 t - 65 t twin|
|Travel wheel gauge||16.5 m - 18.2 m|
|Buffer to buffer||23.2 m - 25.5 m|
|Wheel spacing||1 m - 2 m dependant on wheel loads|
|Hoisting speed||28 to 150 m/min|
|Trolley speed||70 m/min|
|Travel speed||Up to 240 m/min|
|Wheels per corner||6 / 4|
- Rotating machinery trolley
- Remote control
- Remote access to crane management
- Interface with TOS
- Destination control
- Container stack profiling
- Container positioning system
- Automation | Semi automation
- Worldwide Liebherr service network.
- Extensive training both on site and in our facility for operators and engineers.
- Purpose built state-of-the-art design and production facilities located in Ireland since 1958.
- Highly skilled and experienced employees with expertise in-house for after sales service.
- Responsibility with Liebherr, eliminating interface and compatibility problems (i.e. structural, mechanical and electrical design, production, commissioning and service).