Warehouse Logistics SupervisorNewport News, VA | Job ID 17701
- Job ID 17701
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Logistics
- Country United States
- Entry level Management positions
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 9/13/2019
The Warehouse Logistics Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of non-exempt employees in the Liebherr warehouse facility. This includes planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and supervising the daily activities of an assigned shift and functional area to achieve performance goals and metrics within the warehouse. Additionally the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for receiving, inventory control, put-away, picking and shipping of orders. The Logistics Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining a high level of productivity and quality.
- Analyze and manage daily schedules. Organize resources to ensure accuracy, completeness, on time delivery, product protection , of receipts and shipments
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve warehouse process and quality of product.
- Schedules maintenance and repairs to equipment in order to maintain safety and efficiency objectives.
- Maintain and report KPIs
- Maintain involvement in problem-solving and team building opportunities with employees.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective actions when results are substandard.
- Conduct routine audits; take corrective and preventive actions as necessary.
- Maintains OSHA regulatory compliance within federal, state, and local laws.
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained in all departmental functions.
- Continuously coach and follow up with employees to ensure performance meets company standards.
- Builds positive relationships with peers, other departments, customers, carriers and suppliers.
- Participates in special projects and in other areas of the Warehouse.
- Directly supervises employees in the respective areas.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of their team. Maintain attendance, performance and training records.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Associates degree and five years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound understanding of warehouse and logistics processes.
- Hands-on experience with barcoding technology.
- Knowledge of Internet software; Microsoft Office suite; Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safetly rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speack and present information to customers, clients, and other members of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to acquire and maintain forklift certification.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.