Project BuyerNewport News, VA | Job ID 15397
- Job ID 15397
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Purchasing
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 18 April 2019
The Project Buyer works closely with internal stakeholders and suppliers to develop and implement strategic material group plans for all assigned material groups at the lowest total cost. This includes supplier identification, qualification and development for the procurement markets China or India/ Indonesia.
- Conducts a Procurement Market Analysis for China or India/Indonesia for defined commodities.
- Gathers relevant benchmark data, and supply market intelligence.
- Identifies industry trends and market development for respective material groups.
- Establishes an overview of potential suppliers by defined material groups.
- Creates detailed Request for Quote (RFQ) package for suppliers to bid on, evaluates proposals for the requested commodities in the form of side by side comparisons.
- Develops and maintains cost analysis and price comparisons.
- Leads supplier identification, qualification and development in cooperation with Quality Assurance.
- Establishes a logistic concept with support of the External Logistic department.
- Cooperates closely with Buyers from local Liebherr companies.
- Responsible for developing commodity & supply strategies which will ensure the supply of quality material and continually drive for lowest total cost.
- Creates quarterly status reports for Management.
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Travels around 4 to 6 times per year to China or India/Indonesia for around 2 weeks per trip.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver license and passport.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in a Business or Engineering related discipline with minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. International procurement experience is a plus. Must be fluent in Mandarin or Hindu.
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories, processes.
- Team oriented and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures.
- Skilled in using logic and reason to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, within fast-changing environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office software and ERP system.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical documents and specifications, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and suppliers.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Applications are only accepted via the online-portalwww.liebherr.com. Applications must include a cover letter.