Intelligent grabbing technology
The intelligent SmartGrip grabbing technology revolutionises bulk handling in ports. The self-learning system increases material handling performance and protects the crane from being overloaded.
The SmartGrip grabber technology is capable of optimising the filling rate of the grabber in a self-learning manner. In this way, SmartGrip learns after just five lifting cycles how to optimise capacity utilisation of the grabber even for less experienced crane operators.
SmartGrip combines a series of significant advantages in bulk handling. It prevents overloads, increases the material handling rate and, at the same time, alleviates crane operator stress. With SmartGrip activated, the crane operator can rely on the system. Operators of older Liebherr machines can upgrade their existing cranes with this unique function quickly and easily.
Advantages of SmartGrip when handling bulk goods
Up to 30% greater material handling output
During unloading, the properties of the material can change as a result of pressure and moisture, which can lead to overload. Overloads impair the crane structure and can drastically shorten the crane's service life.
- SmartGrip fills the grabber based on an optimum load graph
- SmartGrip prevents overload and its effects on the crane's structure
- Changing the grabber for different material densities is not necessary
With SmartGrip activated, the crane operator can determine the desired grabber quantity manually and then rely entirely on the system.
- Less stress for the crane operator
- Increased safety thanks to automated grabber filling
- Above-average handling output possible even for less experienced crane operators