Machine Learning EngineerNewport News, VA | Job ID 37488
- Job ID 37488
- Division Mining
- Organization Liebherr Mining Equipment Newport News Co.
- Area of employment Engineering
- Country United States
- Entry level Professionals
- Type of contract full time
- Date of entry 10/26/2021
The Machine Learning Engineer develops and implements algorithms and related software to analyze and predict system / component health, machine performance, and application metrics for large mining haul trucks.
- Develops real time and post processing algorithms and related software used to analyze machine data for failure prediction of electrical and mechanical equipment used on large mining haul trucks
- Develops algorithms and related software used to analyze machine performance, efficiency, and application metrics
- Analyzes machine process data sets using deep learning techniques to discover potential algorithms
- Ensures software development process compliance to internal standards
- Organizes software structure to ensure stable operating system
- Creates documentation to describe software design
- Interfaces with other groups (Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Hydraulic, etc.) to create specifications that outline software functions
- Evaluates alternative software programming tools and languages
- Work within a requirements management process and infrastructure
- Works independently and as a team member with other engineers, designers, and production personnel or on ad hoc projects
- Participates in Engineering Development Program
- Education and Experience:A Master of Science Degree or Master of Engineering Degree (M.S. / M.E. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar) is preferred, or a Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar).
- Ability to apply deep learning skills for developing neural networks, application of artificial intelligence (AI) and other techniques to derive algorithms
- Ability to model and simulate systems to test algorithms for suitability
- Knowledge of a broad set of algorithms and applied math
- Knowledge of probability and statistics
- Knowledge of Big Data techniques and tools
- Knowledge of high level software languages (e.g. Java, C/C++, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. MATLAB, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of simulation tools and model based design (e.g. Simulink)
- Knowledge of unit testing and software validation techniques
- Knowledge of application lifecycle management tools (e.g. DOORS, PTC Integrity, TFS)
- Knowledge of source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Ability to work with software configuration management processes and workflows preferred but not required
- Knowledge of software development standards/guidelines (e.g. CMMI) preferred but not required
- Knowledge of heavy machinery or automotive preferred
- Ability to write specifications that describe software function
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, and procedure manuals, software specifications
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall software development lifecycles and V-model methodology and their required workflows and tools
- Additional Requirements:
- Is expected to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% to customer sites, supplier sites, or regional proving grounds.
- Ability to complete and maintain mine certifications or safety training such as Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) hazard training.
- Ability to obtain and maintain driver’s license and passport.
An interesting and ambitious role in a successful international company. We offer a secure work environment with a comprehensive benefits package that includes major medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan with company match, paid vacation and personal days and competitive salary.
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Sandra Draeger at: [email protected]
Liebherr is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Liebherr - One Passion. Many Opportunities.